Monday, August 24, 2009

Snack It!

I love when I get little notes from customers saying : "Kris, can you make this?" That's why I REALLY love Etsy - I've been given opportunities to make so many fun things that I likely never would have ever thought of!

Behold the snack bag. They are pretty popular these days and actually were on my little "To Try" list - always looking for a creative way to use up my scraps - especially the ProCare because, well, you can't really go and make a ProCare scrap quilt!

When Lynsie asked me to try making a 6" x 6" bag, I knew exactly which scrap to use - so happy to have found these critters a home!



There's a few things I need to change next time, but it's a keeper :) I still seal the seams, and the closure at the top is velcro. Thinking little tabs at the top would be nice to help opening it. What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love this!!!! I need one ... maybe a few actually! Henry's class is a nut free class so his snack has to be carefully planned. I use the laptop lunch system and space is limited - I hate to have to use plastic bags for his snack ... this looks like the solution! I think the tab at the top would be great for little hands.

stacy said...

Too cute - and your fabric choices were perfect!!!! I like the idea of tabs too, although knowing Easton, it would just give him something to chew on after the snack was over! ROFL.

Jen said...

So, have these actually happened and are you selling them? I would DEFINITELY buy several. I looked in early summer to see if you were making any, and didn't find any. A quick sweep of your MFD shop and your Etsy shop currently turns up no snack bags. Where can I get them? Drop me an email and let me know - Photojen AT aol.com. Thanks!