Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The key too *looking* like you're talented...

... is all in the fabric. There's an old saying that you should buy and use the best materials that you can afford, and I'm finding it to be quite true :)

I finished up this throw pillow (16" x 16") for Erin yesterday and am so darned proud of it!




I know... it's just a pillow, but I've never made one before (complete with a back zipper and cording!), and now I can't wait to get started on her chair cushion cover :) She chose the Brown Passion Vine fabric from AB's Nigella for the cover (it's shown as the backdrop for the pillow) and it matches beautifully with the Ivory Woodfern (pillow). And I know that I've said this a million times before.... NIGELLA is a gorgeous line and feels amazing - it's a soft twill (not canvas-y like SUNBLOOM/FOREST) and has an endless number of uses... Just wish there was more time in the day!

Ah! Before I hop off, to answer Jen's question from yesterday's blog posting... my current loves are...

My daughter who loves her quiet time as much as I do...


Fresh cut sunflowers from the local farmer's market
(a suprise from hubby - another love of the day!)


and this little guy, who I can't wait to meet in ~ 8 weeks :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cool!

The Wooden Spool said...

I love your pillows! So cute! You did a stunning job! Can't go wrong with gorgeous fabric, right! Way to go! Good luck with your upcoming labor and delivery! Take care! Laurie~ PS....cute photo of your precious girlie! :)