Thursday, December 14, 2006

Plan B...and C... and D...

Has it been 2 weeks since my last post?! YIKES! I know I've been busy, but that seems a tad long... Christmas prep is in full swing (although my house lacks any sign of this.... hopefully we'll get our tree tomorrow!) - presents to be made, shopping to be done... every day I wonder where the day has gone. It frustrates me at times, but I'm getting used to it - just can't get everything done that I'd like to. I was joking with my sister-in-law last week that I'm very grateful for "Plan B" and "Plan C" and " Plan D".... "Plan A" just doesn't seem to be in the cards lately. It's definitely a survival strategy - without it, parents couldn't get through the day :)

So what I have I been up to? Well, Syd managed to eat thru all the food that I had prepped for her, so I spent a good chuck of one day refilling the freezer. Check out this link for easy to make baby food - I make ~ 90% of her food and absolutely love doing it. It's easy and cheap, and I don't worry about Red Dye #10 being in her peaches.


Last week I finished up a project that I think is my favorite to date. I've been wanting to try out this pattern for a few weeks now and finally tackled it! I've made tons of bags in the past, but this one... wow.... easy, FUN, creative... a definite must try for all you purse makers out there! It's from a Japanese Bag making book called MACHINE MADE PATCHWORKS and Autum was quite kind to post her directions from the book. Here's some of my pics:

Outside Front / Back:




Inside Pocket:





Other Inside Pocket & Cell Phone Pocket:




Matching Key Fob:




The Finished Product! (I love the beaded handle - super easy!)



Mom loved the bag (we had an early x-mas celebration with my family in NJ due to my hubby's work schedule), so the project was well worth it! I'm hoping to make another one soon and take some better pics - these don't do Amy Butler's fabrics justice!

Also made up some baby gifts for a friend up here, Ann - I'm sad to say that this is the last of my favorite ladybug fabric, but I'm happy to know that it has all gone to loving homes :)



Love these bibs and burp cloths!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the purse and Jordan in the scarf. She's a great model. I am a sewing circle friend of your SIL Sue, a crafter, and a blog reader. Glad you're back. Melody