Thursday, November 30, 2006

Good morning! *stretch*.... *YAWN....*stretch*

I love mornings like this... finished up a big project yesterday (if you live down by Richmond, VA, check out the BIZARRE BAZAAR - I'll have a bunch of my belts, headbands and some totes at GOOD FUN STUFF by Darby Rush) and now I've just got a random list of little things to tackle throughout the day. Syd is down for her morning nap already, I have a steamy cup of java that I can slowly nurse through the morning... and I'm still in my PJ's :) Love it. People ask if I mind being a stay-at-home-mom, and honestly, NO! I do miss my Physical Therapy work sometimes, but it will always be there for me when I am ready and able to return. Right now I've got a more important job to do - we're very lucky to have been blessed with a healthy and happy little girl and every day I count my blessings that I am able to be home with her.

Like most of my blog entries these days, I've got a bunch of random things to share. I'd love to blog every day, but as most will agree, there is not enough hours in the day to get done the things that we *need* to get done, let alone the things that we'd *like* to get done. Hence my weekly blog entry. If I can, I do more, if not, oh well. :)

Things from the mailbox this week: Yet again, the postman has not disappointed me! The week started off with a lovely little package from KINGPOD. I was one of the lucky few who was able to snag some of her adorable ornaments a couple of weeks ago. They are truly darling!

A few days later, the UPS man came knocking at the door... again... and delivered an upstairs rug and the adorable Japanese fabric that I ordered last week. I'm up for any suggestions for what to make with this AWESOME fabric! I know I'll be making an apron with the tan one.... this has got to be, hands down, the cutest fabric that I've come across in a long time. I love finds like this!
Hmmm... what else... I've tried matching some of Amy Butler's super popular Curry Kimono fabric with my fall/winter ribbons and I love it! I bought a bag of scraps on EBAY over the summer and am psyched to finally get to use it! $18 bought a lot of goodies!


I'm planning on making some little drawstring gift pouches with other remnants to go with some belts that I'm making for a friend to give as holiday gifts. Who can't use another drawstring cutie?! Also have another baby/toddler tote to finish, and then I get to do some holiday sewing! I've got an apron making bug lately, so I've got to do one of those... or maybe two... or three... We'll see!

I just popped onto ReproDepot and found some more yummy fabric that is begging to be shared:

TREE TOP KITTY:

Baumvogel - white/red:

Speaking of fabric.... I placed my order a few days ago for Amy Butler's new LOTUS fabric line to be shipped out in January!!!! I ordered mostly from the Faded China and Tea Box collections, but did get a few from the Damask Rose collection as well - decisions, decisions....



Time to get going - the little one calls :) Hope you enjoyed the pics!~ Kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, I like your works very much:)